LegalTech | Trust – Part 4
Trust is an essential part of every business relationship.
Also between a leader and their team members.
How to build trust between a Helpdesk Manager and their IT Specialists, Office Manager and their Assistants/Secretaries, Legal Partner and their Attorneys etc.?
– Do not micromanage – trust your people to do their work
– Do not constantly check on their work
– Be supportive
– Praise your workers often for all the good work they have done
– Correct them only when it is absolutely necessary and always try to make it a learning experience
– Be approachable and friendly, try to create an open atmosphere so they feel confident to come to you with anything
– Work together with them as often as you can, share their burden, take risks and fix difficult problems together
– Ask for their ideas and seriously consider to implement them – not just yours!
– Always keep your word
– Make sure your words and actions match
– Try to never deny vacation/free days requests
– Make sure they are rewarded well for their hard work
– Take them out regularly for dinner not only to talk shop but to enjoy time together